From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-20 03:08:24

On Aug 18, 2008, at 4:43 PM, Doug Gregor wrote:

> On Aug 18, 2008, at 4:41 PM, Doug Gregor wrote:
>
>> There will be a server outage on Thursday, August 21st from
>> 8:00AM-9:00AM EDT while we upgrade Boost's Subversion repository
>> to Subversion 1.5. The Boost Subversion repository, Trac, and mailing
>
> *sigh* bad click. The Subversion repository and Trac will be
> affected by this outage, the Boost mailing lists will not be affected.

Wow, I was about to send a post asking if the server guys are going
to transition to Subversion 1.5 (and when). Are you going to upgrade
just the server, or do that and upgrade our repository data too? (If
you do just the first, the server will act in svn-1.4 compatibility
mode.) I'd suggesting testing the server software upgrade a while
before updating the repository.

If you're doing the repository upgrade too, make sure to put up new
posting so we can decide what to do about merging meta-data. (For
the newbies: Subversion 1.5 has built-in merge support, while
previous versions depended on a separate script using custom meta-
data. There is a script for updating the merging meta-data from the
custom system to the built-in system. However, the attributes are
distinct, so developers unaware of the change will suddenly crash &
burn when activating a custom merging command (from missing meta-
data) unless they read the list (or figure it out) and switch to svn
1.5.

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie