From: Simonson, Lucanus J (lucanus.j.simonson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-20 15:26:00

On 20/08/2008, Simonson, Lucanus J <lucanus.j.simonson_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> I third the question, should we make separating template
declarations

Daniel wrote:
>Some libraries don't do this because they still support older
>compilers where template functions have to be defined inline.

Is this rational still valid for new libraries? I would imagine that
there are a number of recent libraries accepted that don't support the
older compilers for other reasons. I was proposing we make it a
preferred practice for ongoing and future development. I would not
suggest we revise mature libraries to conform to this style. Do you
think that is reasonable?

Luke