From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-20 15:47:02

On 20/08/2008, Simonson, Lucanus J <lucanus.j.simonson_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Is this rational still valid for new libraries? I would imagine that
> there are a number of recent libraries accepted that don't support the
> older compilers for other reasons. I was proposing we make it a
> preferred practice for ongoing and future development. I would not
> suggest we revise mature libraries to conform to this style. Do you
> think that is reasonable?

It's reasonable but I'm currently working on a new library that will
support older compilers so I won't be following it. I think this kind
of thing is up to the developer. But feel free to suggest a patch for
the guidelines. They live at:

http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/website/public_html/beta/development/header.html

I'll apply it if it seems decent and no one objects.

Daniel