From: Marshall Clow (marshall_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-27 09:54:30

At 5:37 AM -0800 8/27/08, David Abrahams wrote:
>on Tue Aug 26 2008, "Robert Ramey" <ramey-AT-rrsd.com> wrote:
>
>> Marshall Clow wrote:

>>> Another correction (this time on my part).
>>> I don't know that Robert removed that line; just that someone did.
>>> Sorry to cast aspersions.
>>
>> I removed the line by accident, sorry.
>>
>> Actually, I totally mis-interpreted what you said. I took it
>> to mean that the statement suggested that the madness lies
>> in the idea that you can never remove an interface. If
>> I understand now, you're in agreement that removing
>> or changing an existing interface creates a lot of problems
>> (madness?) and that using a new name is the preferred
>> method?
>
>I think you had it right the first time.

Dave is correct.
I meant that never removing interfaces is madness.

Anyone remember the interface for iterators before the STL?
        iter = <whatever>
        while ( iter.more ())
        {
        // do stuff
                iter.next ();
        }

Should iterators still support this - or is it a good thing that
Stepanov (and others) decided that they had a better way? [ This is
not just syntax, btw ]

--
-- Marshall
Marshall Clow     Idio Software   <mailto:marshall_at_[hidden]>