From: Felipe Magno de Almeida (felipe.m.almeida_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-27 11:52:55

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 1:33 PM, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Marshall Clow wrote:
>
>> Dave is correct.
>> I meant that never removing interfaces is madness.

[snip]

>> Should iterators still support this - or is it a good thing that
>> Stepanov (and others) decided that they had a better way? [ This is
>> not just syntax, btw ]
>
> If I have a header x.hpp and I compile my code in the year 2000
> I should be able to recompile it in the year 2008 without having
> to debug it again.

You are arguing about backward-compatibility and STL didn't
offered backward-compatibility with the standardization process.
Of course you can compile that same code with that same
dependency the same before as you can now.
But the same is true with boost 1.33. You just can't
upgrade it.

--
Felipe Magno de Almeida