From: Emil Dotchevski (emil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-27 16:07:17

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 12:27 PM, David Abrahams
> So IIUC, your intention was never to require RTTI in throw_exception,
> and Emil didn't know that, so he violated your original intent
> unwittingly.

No, the problem is that essentially we have a bug that was
undiscovered until users pointed it out.

My intention was to disable the integration of Boost Exception in
boost::throw_exception if RTTI is not available. My wrong
understanding was that using BOOST_NO_TYPEID accomplishes that, but it
doesn't.

Now we have BOOST_NO_RTTI. I will plug that in some time this week; I
thought that this change isn't urgent because we are not making point
releases.

Until then, as indicated by the Boost Exception documentation, users
can disable the integration by defining BOOST_EXCEPTION_DISABLE (I
know, poor name choice, since it doesn't disable exceptions.)

Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.