Subject: Re: [boost] [review] Dataflow Review starts today, September 1st
From: Emil Dotchevski (emil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-03 15:34:20

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 12:10 PM, Stjepan Rajko <stipe_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I have updated the generic support layer docs, and uploaded the new version:
> http://www.dancinghacker.com/code/dataflow/dataflow/support.html

I just had my first glance at the dataport library documentation and I
find it insufficient. Are there any examples on how the library is to
be used? Are there any functions that are documented? For example,
where is the documentation for the component_operation function
template?

Many people understand the general concepts, but the devil is in the
details, and so I think that good documentation is critical for a
dataflow library.

A few questions:

I haven't looked closely but I noticed that the library uses operator
overloading to connect ports. What is the rationale for using operator
overloading?

Are weak connections supported? Can I connect two nodes in such a way
that the connection automatically tears down if one of the components
is destroyed?

Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.