Subject: Re: [boost] [UUID] Still alive?
From: Boris (boriss_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-13 03:55:54

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 22:53:49 +0200, Hartmut Kaiser
<hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> Any idea what happened to the UUID library? I believe the mini review
>> that was
>> supposed to happen after the library got accepted provisionally never
>> happened,
>> right?
>
> Nope, this never happened because the author (CC'ed) never got back to
> it.
> It's a pity that Andy dropped the ball and disappeared after being 99.9%
> through the review of his library.
>
> OTOH it's perhaps better he disappeared _before_ pushing the library into
> Boost...
>
> I think anybody interested in taking ownership of this library and going
> the
> last step is highly welcome in doing so. I don't expect Andy to object.

Hartmut,

do you have a link or can you describe what this last step is? I typically
don't have time to create libraries from scratch. Having taken over
Boost.Process already and trying to get it done I might specialize on
Boost libraries though whose development was abandoned. :)

Boris