Subject: Re: [boost] [threadpool] relation with TR2 proposal
From: Anthony Williams (anthony.ajw_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-26 16:15:19

k-oli_at_[hidden] writes:

> Am Freitag, 12. September 2008 13:24:14 schrieb joaquin_at_[hidden]:
>> It'd be an odd thing if we had a TR2 threadpool lib and a different lib
>> in Boost (assuming
>> both proposals are succesful). Shoudln't there be some some syncing
>> between the
>> respective authors?
>
> What about the future libs (see review schedule)? Anthonys proposal in TR2 and
> BRaddocks implementation are also not in sync?!

That's true. My futures implementation is up for review alongside
Braddock's.

Incidentally, the C++ comittee voted futures into C++0x last week. The
proposals that got voted in are:

http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2008/n2671.html
http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2008/n2709.html

Anthony

--
Anthony Williams            | Just Software Solutions Ltd
Custom Software Development | http://www.justsoftwaresolutions.co.uk