Subject: Re: [boost] [mp_int] new release
From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-07 06:14:04

This looks very useful but I note that

http://www.boost.org/development/requirements.html#License

and current Boost practice is that all the files include the Boost license text.
(This should include the .qbk as well - as a Quickbook comment. Tedious but you can paste).

[/ mp_int.qbk
  Copyright Kevin Sopp.
  Distributed under the Boost Software License, Version 1.0.
  (See accompanying file LICENSE_1_0.txt or copy at
  http://www.boost.org/LICENSE_1_0.txt).
]

(This is to allow people to use it without hassle from their legal people - which like to go over everything with a fine tooth
comb).

I don't see that your 'in the public domain' (rather ill-defined?) is any different from the Boost license text, so this is a mainly
cosmetic matter. For some or all the source code, you could also include Tom St. Denis in the copyright too?

Paul

---
Paul A Bristow
+44 1539561830 & SMS, Mobile +44 7714 330204 & SMS
pbristow_at_[hidden]