Subject: [boost] [mp_int] new release
From: Kevin Sopp (baraclese_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-06 09:40:27

Hi all,

I made a new release of my multiprecision integer library with the
following changes:

- improved documentation
- serialization support
- bugfixes
- improved benchmark tool
- prime generation has been reworked
- probably some other things which I forgot

I believe it's pretty much ready for review now. The mp_int reference
section is slightly lacking in a few places, but other than that I
think it's pretty solid.

I have a few things in mind for the future of this library:

- improved division and squaring algorithms according to the papers on my disk.
- an implementation of an mp_int proxy type that acts on preallocated
memory, but does not manage memory itself. This can then be used to
improve the runtime of several algorithms.
- expression template support

There is pregenerated html documentation under libs/mp_math/doc/html/

http://www.boostpro.com/vault/index.php?action=downloadfile&filename=mp_math_v03.zip&directory=Math%20-%20Numerics&

Kevin Sopp