Subject: Re: [boost] [date_time] Patch for ticket #1740: date_time includes <windows.h>
From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-14 11:42:07

joaquin_at_[hidden] wrote:
> Jeff Garland escribió:
>> Emil Mieilica wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> Done. Hope it will be useful to everybody who uses this great library.

>> Just a technical comment on the suggested patch. Is it really wise /
>> legal to
>> replicate the Windows API declarations in Boost.
>
> Isn't that exactly what other libs such as WINE do? See
>
> http://source.winehq.org/source/include/

Yeah, I guess they would have to since they are an emulation of the Win32 api.
  AFAIK we've never taken this approach in Boost so I think we should talk
thru if it's acceptable before putting it in. If it is acceptable, I guess
the other question might be if it belongs in config instead of an individual
library.

Jeff