Subject: Re: [boost] [shared_ptr][repost] Ticket 2126 status?
From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-19 17:46:53

Andrey Semashev:
> Sorry to reiterate, but I think this issue is rather critical and it
> would be very nice to have it solved in the upcoming release.
>
> Peter, have you reviewed the patch I attached?

Yes, I have reviewed your patch.

I don't want to merge the current shared_ptr, on which your patch depends.
(Not at this time, at least). I also think that your patch stands to be
improved a bit, but obviously, this is of secondary concern.

(In addition, I prefer to add tests that identify the failure either before,
or in concert with, commiting a fix.)

If this issue is considered important enough to block the release, I'll see
what I can do to unblock it. But keep in mind that (a) make_shared is still
undocumented and (b) the release branch throws bad_weak_ptr instead of
silently doing Bad Things.