Subject: [boost] [utility/swap] The boost::swap utility
From: Niels Dekker - mail address until 2008-12-31 (nd_mail_address_valid_until_2008-12-31_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-20 17:20:21

Michael Marcin wrote:
> I would like boost::swap to be released because I want to start using
> it, but I don't remember it having a review. Isn't it necessary for a
> new library to have a formal review? Maybe I just missed it.

The boost::swap utility isn't formally reviewed, but it's been
discussed here quite extensively. (Just search your Boost-mail on
"[swap]" and "[utility/swap]"!) Joseph Gauterin has moved his
utility from the sandbox to the trunk 4 months ago, following a
request ticket of mine: http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/2056
Especially Steven Watanabe and David Abrahams have been very helpful
to the development of boost::swap as well. So it's now at
http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk/boost/utility/swap.hpp

Personally I wouldn't mind if the boost::swap utility would be
released without a formal review. Because it's just a little
utility. Or do you think that there are some aspects of boost::swap
that should be discussed beforehand?

Kind regards,

--
Niels Dekker