Subject: Re: [boost] boost::filesystem request
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-27 09:34:13

Jorge Lodos Vigil wrote:
> Hi
> The Traits classes for basic_path provided in the filesystem library (path_traits and wpath_traits) are good enough to be used as default values for basic_path in most cases.
> However, since they are independent structs, they can not be used to instantiate a basic_path with a single String template parameter. I would like to write:
>
> typedef basic_string<char> string_t;
> typedef fs::basic_path<string_t, fs::basic_path_traits<string_t> > path_t;

I would like to second this request. I also noticed that one can not
easily instantiate a basic_path based completely on a string type,
because of the traits class. If it is at all possible, the traits class
should be a template class based on the string type, with supplied
specializations for std::string and std::wstring.