Subject: Re: [boost] svn:eol-style issues (Was: Re: [quickbook] probs with docu generation (C++ code))
From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-27 14:22:30

> On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 10:27:20AM +0000, Daniel James wrote:
>>
>> Probably. This should be fixed in trunk and the new release.

Just to be clear, the following isn't really related to the quickbook
bug that I fixed.

2008/10/27 Jens Seidel <jensseidel_at_[hidden]>:

> I checked the release branch for missing or bogus svn:eol-style properties
> and found a few. I was very surprised not to find hundreds or even more
> such files.
>
> Here is a list. I also attached the output of svn diff but you probably
> cannot apply a patch on properties. Please check and commit:

Thanks for checking this, I think that most of the files you indicated
were fixed in trunk four months (revision 46445) but it was never
merged. Beman, is it okay to merge this? It's not vital, but it
shouldn't break anything. Although, I'm a little weary about changing
Jamfiles, as they seem to be to sensitive to line endings. I think the
only case which is important are the shell scripts, which must have
unix line-endings.

> Currently 231 *.vcproj files have eol-style set to native and only 9 to CRLF.
> Many have this property not set. Setting it to "native" should be OK.

This isn't really worth fixing in the release, but I'll look into
fixing it in trunk, and updating the subversion instructions on the
wiki.

Daniel