Subject: Re: [boost] [1.37.0 beta] Beta release available on SourceForge
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-27 17:25:07

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 2:14 PM, Gennaro Prota <gennaro.prota_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> Beman Dawes wrote:
> [...]
>
>> See svn.boost.org/svn/boost/tags/release/Boost_1_37_0_beta1

>>> .../libs/dynamic_bitset/example/example3.cpp
>>>
>>> it originates from revision 40341 (=24055) under
>>> branches/release, which is from 4 years ago??
>>>

>> That's how SVN works. The revision number for a file is the last revision
>> that changed the file, IIRC.
>>

> Eh, thanks for the confidence. Except that the last revision
> affecting that file is 49423, from October 21 (of this year).

Revision 49423 was applied on Tuesday, but the cutoff was already past and
the files for the beta had already been extracted. 49408 was the last
revision to make it into the beta.

Just to be sure, I checked the actual content of the file at the pre-beta
and post-beta revisions, and that is exactly what happened. A current
checkout does pick up the 49423 changes, so they will appear in the final
release.

Thanks,

--Beman