Subject: Re: [boost] [1.37.0] beta 1 release candidate QA
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-29 17:01:31

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 12:10 PM, Paul A Bristow <pbristow_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> >Please report whether the getting started procedure works, and whether
> >the resulting install looks OK.
>
> 1 Sourceforge note now says
>
> "You have selected the 1.37.0 beta 1 release.
> Please choose the file that best matches your architecture or operating
> system from the list of files contained in this release. "
>
> This could also say the fairly obvious but helpful. "Extract this to a
> location of your choice. It contains a single enclosing
> folder boost_1_37_0_beta1. Reading index.html will allow access to the
> Getting Started guide."

That appears to be a canned Sourceforge message we don't have any control
over. At least I couldn't see any way to change it:-(

It looks like the bulk of you remaining comments relate to the Getting
Started Guide. I'll ping Dave to see if he can incorporate any of them
before the release.

Thanks,

--Beman