Subject: [boost] [1.37.0][date-time] Breaking the log jam
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-30 07:16:15

Andrey Semashev has pulled together a number of patches to address
backed-up date-time tickets. He has tested them on Linux and Windows.
The arrangement was that Jeff Garland would look them over, but Jeff
just isn't finding the time to do that.

I've taken a look at a few of the proposed fixes. Without knowing
anything about date-time, these seem like problems that really should
have been fixed some time ago.The proposed patches I looked at seemed
fine. So I think it is important we break the log jam.

Proposal:

* We give Andrey write permission.

* He starts moving these fixes into trunk right away.

* Anyone who cares about data-time watch the commits carefully, and
discuss any issues with Andrey.

* Once Andrey is satisfied with trunk test results, he asks permission
to merge to release.

* Unless there has been undue delay or issues have come up, we will give
permission for this release.

* I'm willing to hold the release a few days; in aggregate this is an
important set of overdue fixes to a major library so I'd like to see
them go in this release.

Comments?

--Beman