Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Build changes for 1.38
From: Chris (indy271828_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-03 13:11:26

I use many libraries, I learned bjam because I use boost in Windows and
linux. I use ACE, fltk, and compile many. Overall, I do not fully
trust any convention of INSTALL.txt and README.txt. Sometimes they have
compilation instructions in README (fltk). Or in ACE-INSTALL.html. Or
on the website. Or a text file refers to another source. Or under
program option help (cmake openalsoft).

If I have a configure, then I don't even read anything. ./configure
--help to see options. ./configure, make, sudo make install
If not, then I look at any binaries or special files in the directory
that tell me what type of build system it uses, or at any text files. I
look for "To install, do this: ...". I usually first ignore html
files, since I can't vi them. (Sometimes I'm on the console or network.)