Subject: Re: [boost] Is Boost.Astronomy feasible?
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-05 19:59:16

Rush Manbert wrote:

> I would say that adding an astrometry (or astrometry, or astrology for
> that matter) library to Boost is a step in the wrong direction.
>
> [...]
> In my opinion, the last thing Boost needs is more library binaries and
> more header files for a library that will be of very little general use.

I wanted to say that there are already a lot of libraries that are
fairly specific, but it's true none are as specific as astrometry.

I think Boost is having problems dealing with its huge size anyway, so
eventually libraries will have to be made separate packages or something.
I'm thinking more of a CPAN-like system.

More and more Boost libraries are also distributed as standalone by
their authors.