Subject: Re: [boost] Boost version meaning
From: Andreas Masur (amasur_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-24 10:04:17

On Nov 23, 2008, at 3:44 PM, vicente.botet wrote:

> If we were to version individual Boost libraries which will be the
> apropiated schema? Should all the libraries follow the same schema?
> What do you think of?
> X: complete rewriten or incompatible evolution
> Y: new functions or major bugs corrections
> Z: minor bugs corrections

Well...certainly any version scheme is adequate as long as everyone
follows it accordingly which is the main concern in my eyes. Having
said that, why not use the (common) version scheme open source
projects tend to use. A good example (as well as description) can be
found on the Apache APR site (http://apr.apache.org/versioning.html).

Ciao, Andreas