Subject: Re: [boost] Is Boost.Range broken?
From: Tomas Puverle (Tomas.Puverle_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-24 21:09:47

> Finally, it answers mine. Now the question is: whose code will remain
> broken? Those who used iterator_range prior to 1.35 and relied on this
> feature, or those who used it after 1.35 and expect not to incur space
> and time overhead to support it?

At this point I have no expectations about the outcome of this, especially
given Thorsten's response that "he's too busy to deal with this".

I'm going to have to go through my code and change it and remove all uses of
iterator_range.

Perhaps it's better that we go forward and invest the effort in

1) Making sure that some of the Range concepts get fixed
2) See if we can come up with a way to prevent changes like this in the
future