Subject: Re: [boost] Is Boost.Range broken?
From: Tomas Puverle (Tomas.Puverle_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-24 21:15:36

> What sequence do those iterators iterate? I don't see what it could
> be that wouldn't let you get at least the PTE iterator even if the
> representation doesn't "point to a valid entry", so you ought to be
> able to just
>
> return MyRange(end, end);

Now you're just assuming I can always construct the PTE iterators. Also,
this still doesn't solve the problem for my users
who would much rather write MyRange() than MyRange(<some iterators>).

You guys should remember that not everyone writes libraries for C++ experts,
who can understand this stuff.
In many cases, the more dumb the interface, the better.