Subject: Re: [boost] Review Wizard Report for November 2008
From: John Phillips (phillips_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-26 17:07:04

vicente.botet wrote:
> [...]

   The only things that are no longer available are libraries that did
not pass review and the author decided to remove, and libraries that did
pass review where the author decided to remove out of date versions.
Even in those cases, there may or may not have ever been a copy on boost
servers.

   Once something has been released by boost, it is available even after
changes have been made. So, yes I am fine with authors deciding what to
do with their own pre-boost release libraries.

   If people really want the accepted date, I would need a clear
definition of what that means. Is it the last day of the review, the day
the manager tells us that it was accepted, the day it was first added to
trunk, the date of first boost release, or some other date? What
information is contained in that date that is more useful than the
review dates? So far, I think it has been done this way because no one
has seen value in changing the date later (The current method predates
my time as a wizard, and even my time involved with boost, so I don't
know the reasoning.).

>>> Maybe the wiki could be more adequated. It could also contain ongoing libraries or libraries that are no moree maintained, but that can help the Boost community.
>> The explicit notification gives Ron and I something hard to miss when
>> we are trying to keep the schedule up to date and trying to keep people
>> informed. I would appreciate continuing this, even if people also put
>> useful information on the wiki.
>
> Where do you plan to put this information? On the Schedule page, another Page or/and the Review Wizard Report?

   I would like to know it so I can keep track of the reviews and
libraries we need to coordinate in the forseeable future. It also gets
authors thinking about whether they are ready to submit and how close to
submission they are. This information usually also shows up on the
developer list, but if people send it directly to Ron and I, we again
are less likely to miss something important.

> Thanks,
> Vicente

   I should warn you that showing an interest in improving the review
process was how I wound up as a review wizard. If you aren't careful you
too could get drafted for more involvement. ;->

                        John