Subject: Re: [boost] RFC: Automatic indexing of quickbook/boostbook/docbookdocs.
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-29 10:11:03

John Maddock wrote:

>>> Pasting the code :-) Please save Steven's attachment into a file,
>>> tools/build/v2/tools/modified-docbook.jam
>>> and add
>>>
>>> import modified-docbook ;
>>>
>>> in your jamfile. You need to this it this way because the names
>>> of actions are qualified by the module name, or if you put this
>>> code into a different file, you need to change this code.
>
> Aha!, with your version, I have things almost working now, just need to
> figure out how to get the tool automatically built like quickbook is...

Do you have sources checked in already? I'm thinking the the easiest approach
would be to add something like:

        <docbook-indexer>tools/indexer//indexer

to Jamroot (and it will be hooked in more-or-less automatically). And if you
want to use prebuilt version, you would have to modify Jamroot to use
the path to the prebuilt binary. This is slightly less fancy than setting things
in user-config.jam, but easier to implement.

- Volodya