Subject: Re: [boost] Maintenance Guidelines wiki page (Revison 8)
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-29 13:19:53

AMDG

vicente.botet wrote:
>> It's definitely impractical to test every possible pair. Even if it is
>> restricted to stay within a
>> single library, this would be many thousands of compilations...
>>

> Have someone measure the time that it will take already?
> Can this kind of test runed once a week?

The units library alone contains 291 public headers.
That's 42,195 pairs to compile. For comparison, the
regression tests generate 23,160 targets on como--including
making directories.

> I don't know very well bjam, but can the following variation of you Jamfile compile in include_all_rev the same files than in include_all but included in reverse order. If yes at least this test could improve the test coverage.

I don't know how much that will actually help, given that the headers
include each other.
I'll update the Jamfile though, as it can't hurt...

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe