Subject: Re: [boost] RFC: Automatic indexing of quickbook/boostbook/docbook docs.
From: Thorsten Ottosen (thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-30 10:31:01

John Maddock skrev:
> I've just committed a new tool to the sandbox under tools/auto_index
> which helps automate the indexing of quickbook/boostbook/docbook
> documentation.
> Any comments, especially on the usability of the indexes generated would
> be much appreciated!

I think it looks good. I think it might be useful to have the header or
headers that one should include listed also (that is, the header of
definition), albeit it might not be completely possible in all cases.

I just want talk about something related. Finding information in a fast
manner is very important IMO.

I PHP, one could search the online documentation very fast, and often
one was presented with not just a list of alternatives, but with the
exact documentation you were looking for directly.

For example, try and go to

   http://www.php.net/

and type "strstr" in the search box.

Something similar to this could be very convenient for Boost.

-Thorsten