Subject: Re: [boost] [review][constrained_value] Bounded value
From: Robert Kawulak (robert.kawulak_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-03 17:29:44

> From: Edward Diener

> I am hoping that you see a use for multi-bounds constraints
> without the
> need to provide predicates. A predicate is much more flexible but a
> non-predictae syntax for multi-bound constraints can be much
> easier and
> quicker for the end user to specify.

Predicates are the central part of the design of the library and this is rather
not going to change. Even if the library would provide support for multi-bounded
objects, the constraint would be implemented as a predicate, just like it is in
the case of bounded objects right now.

BTW, I don't think that the syntax for providing an arbitrary number of bounds
at compile time would be attractive, not to say easy for the users... At least
not until we have compilers supporting variadic templates.

> The idea of a
> multi-bounded constraint is that the set of valid values
> should be able
> to encompass any value for that type

I really have no idea what you wanted to say here...

Regards,
Robert