Subject: Re: [boost] [python] Python 3.0
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-05 19:05:22

Stefan Seefeld wrote:

> However, given how much backward incompatibe changes went into Python 3,
> I expect Python 2(.6) to stay around for quite a long time, so adding
> support for Python 3 to boost.python may not be a very pressing issue.

I use Boost.Python mainly for embedding scripting capabilities into my
program.
I care more about having a simple, easy to use and yet powerful
scripting language than about compatibility, personally.

Additionally, Python 3 is probably the occasion of revamping the
iterator and range mapping in Boost.Python, since they've become much
more important now.