Subject: Re: [boost] [flyweight][sun] internal compiler error processing a Boost.Flyweight test
From: K. Noel Belcourt (kbelco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-09 14:42:00

On Dec 4, 2008, at 1:39 PM, JOAQUIN M. LOPEZ MUÑOZ wrote:

> I've recently added Boost.Flyweight to the trunk so that the
> first testing results are coming out now. Sun Studio (all plaforms)
> has the following issue when (seemingly) linking test_init:
>
>>> Assertion: (../lnk/dbg_dbggen.cc, line 1806)
> while processing ../libs/flyweight/test/test_init.cpp at line 0.
>
> *http://tinyurl.com/588y3e*
>
> So I'm basically clueless. I'd be grateful if someone with access
> to the compiler could investigate this issue a little more. I can
> provide as much remote support as needed wrt to library
> aspects.
>
> Thank you in advance,

Joaquin,

I have access to these compilers, but essentially no time to debug
this problem. I have asked our sysadmins to see if there are any
newer patches that we can apply to the compilers (in hopes it will
fix this problem). Regrettably, sysadmins are not really responsive
right now.

Please ping me (off list) in a week or so and in the interim I'll see
what, if anything, I can get done.

Thanks for your patience.

-- Noel