Subject: Re: [boost] New XML library
From: Sebastian Redl (sebastian.redl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-10 15:56:10

Themis Vassiliadis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been working in a C++ library like Apache Digester
> (http://commons.apache.org/digester). I'm intending to convert it
> following boost policies described in Requirements and Guidelines.
>
> What are the chances of it become a Boost library ?

Digester is a curious library, extremely well suited for some domains,
but largely unusable in many. Let's not forget that it was originally
developed as part of Tomcat, to translate the configuration into an
object tree.

I think it might be accepted, but if you don't take care to clearly
communicate the limitation of the digester approach, you risk many
people expecting the wrong thing.

Sebastian