Subject: Re: [boost] [graph] boost::plugin and boost::id_tag ?
From: remi.chateauneu_at_[hidden]
Date: 2008-12-14 16:01:11

Many thanks for our answer.

Andrew Sutton wrote:
>> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_37_0/libs/property_map/iterator_property_map.html
>>
>> typedef boost::adjacency_list<boost::vecS, boost::vecS,
>> boost::bidirectionalS, boost::no_plugin, boost::plugin<boost::id_tag,
>> std::size_t> > Graph;
>>
>> I cannot find boost::plugin and boost::id_tag.
>>
>> Any idea, please ?
>>

> Not in the least. It doesn't look like no_plugin is defined anywhere in the
> boost trunk, so I'm guessing the example has just become extremely stale. I
> would address this, but I don't know if I should. I'm only maintaining the
> graph library.
>
> Between this and your other post - do you have a specific question about
> property maps?

Yes please.
For example: How to add on-the-fly, temporary, properties to
edges/vertices before serializing the graph with write_graphviz? My
edges and vertices have data stored in bundled properties, but I would
not like to store graphic, temporary data such as color, shape etc but
just generate them when creating a graphviz file.

Second problem: My graph has heterogeneous vertices - two different
types. Unions will not work, I cannot use polymorphism, so the only way
I could find now is to store all members of both classes in the vertices
bundled properties - which is rather ugly. What would you please suggest ?

Thanks in advance.