Subject: Re: [boost] [library submission] smoothsort
From: Steven Ross (spreadsort_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-15 12:56:03

> That sounds like a good idea, if I understood correctly what you propose is
> to start building up a Boost.Sorting library?

Yes, or Boost.Algorithm.Sorting.

> Even more good news, I woke with a lot of ideas to improve my existing
> implementation, this is related to the way leonardo numbers are computed,
> the current way of doing is clearly suboptimal.

Considering that your algorithm is still in the tuning stages, and mine is
in final regression testing, I suspect I'd be better off proposing a
boost/algorithm/sorting with my algorithms, and then include smoothsort (and
spreadsort hybrids with smoothsort if appropriate) when you've finished with
it.
I'd also be happy to take a look at your algorithm when you've finished
optimizing it to see if I can tweak it a little. I've been amazed by the
net improvement I've made with one 10 percent improvement and a bunch of 1
to 3 percent improvements over the last few months. They add up.