Subject: Re: [boost] [library submission] smoothsort
From: Edouard A. (edouard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-15 14:09:51

> Considering that your algorithm is still in the tuning stages, and mine
> is
> in final regression testing, I suspect I'd be better off proposing a
> boost/algorithm/sorting with my algorithms, and then include smoothsort
> (and
> spreadsort hybrids with smoothsort if appropriate) when you've finished
> with
> it.

Perfect.

Ideally I see the sorting library as a toolset providing default sorting
constructs, but it should also be possible to combine sorting algorithms
together to match a very specific need.

> I'd also be happy to take a look at your algorithm when you've finished
> optimizing it to see if I can tweak it a little. I've been amazed by
> the
> net improvement I've made with one 10 percent improvement and a bunch
> of 1
> to 3 percent improvements over the last few months. They add up.

I should be able to send a version to you very soon. It's quite possible
that you find room for improvement.

--
Edouard