Subject: Re: [boost] Asking for feedback for book (in German) about the Boost C++ libraries
From: Joachim Faulhaber (afojgo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-15 13:18:16

2008/12/14 Boris <boriss_at_[hidden]>:
> I've written a book in German about the Boost C++ libraries and uploaded it
> to http://www.highscore.de/cpp/boost/. As this is the very first version
> it's currently only available in HTML. I would appreciate any feedback about
> the content, presentation, examples, typos :) etc.

Hi Boris,

I've browsed the intro of your book and some of the chapters briefly. It seems
to be a very valuable contribution. Sometimes I think that the effective
communication about boost libraries is as important as the software itself,
because it helps to build the bridge from the software to the developer who
needs it.

Your book will contribute to this goal especially for the German user community.
Have you thought about maintaining the book as a boost wiki book in German
language? On the long run, this might be more sustainable than to do all the
work on your own.

Thank you for your contribution
Joachim