Subject: Re: [boost] Fw: Making a new contribution - weak_hash_map
From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-15 13:42:03

> From: Yoni Lavi <l_yoni_at_[hidden]>
>
> I'd like to contribute a C++ class template that implements something similar to
> java.util.WeakHashMap; it uses boost::intrusive::iunordered_set and
> boost::pool::fast_pool_allocator internally.
>
> This is the first time I'm looking to get into boost development in general.

<snip>

> If anyone's interested, please fill me in on the process of making such a
> contribution? Thanks.

There are two normal avenues:

1). Try to get it added to an existing library such as unordered,
    multi_index, and/or ptr_container. In that case I suggest posting a
    patch that includes tests and documentation to the Boost Trac

2). Try to get it accepted as a separate library. See
    http://www.boost.org/development/submissions.html

HTH,

--
Dave Abrahams