Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost-users] tweaking the review process
From: John Phillips (phillips_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-15 22:52:59

David Abrahams wrote:
> on Fri Nov 21 2008, "Stjepan Rajko" <stjepan.rajko-AT-gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 11:40 PM, vicente.botet
>> <vicente.botet_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>> I would like to make some suggestion to improve the review management:
>>>
>> Thank you for starting this discussion.
>>
>>> * I had notice only at the end of the the review that the review tokes place on two
>> mailing lists (devel ans user). Maybe this is usaual on Boost reviews but I was not
>> aware. It will be more transaparent if all the reviews were posted to the same mailing
>> list, maybe a specific one should be created.
>>
>> Yes, this is a bit of an issue. I mentioned that both lists are used
>> in my post that opened the review (in my notes to first-time
>> reviewers) to try to give people a heads-up (but... I often get
>> long-winded and I'm sure it's easy to miss parts of my posts :-)).
>>
>> Having a dedicated, or at least recommended mailing list (either dev
>> or user) might be a good thing.
>
> It has always been the -devel list, at least up until recently. How
> reviews began being posted to -users, I do not know.

   I don't know if I was the first to do this, but I have done it.
Looking at the current contents of the instructions to review managers,
either they have changed since I started managing reviews or I somehow
hallucinated extra words to add the user list to the lists that should
receive an announcement of the review.

   I just looked at an archived 1.34 download of the docs. At that time,
the instructions to review managers included the user list as well as
the developer list, so I don't think I hallucinated extra words. I have
not checked to see when the wording changed, nor do I recall a
discussion about changing it. That is true both for any change to
include the user list and to now remove it.

                        John