Subject: Re: [boost] Asking for feedback for book (in German) about the Boost C++ libraries
From: Andreas Masur (amasur_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-19 17:19:47

On Dec 19, 2008, at 7:59 AM, Boris wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 11:42:38 +0100, Andreas Masur <amasur_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Andreas,
>
>>> Thank you! Currently I've no plan to translate the book. I'll add
>>> more chapters to cover more Boost libraries though. As this is
>>> already quite a lot of work another volunteer needs to translate. ;)
>>
>> Well....may be I am allowed to offer my help with the
>> translation....?
>
> sure, no problem. :) I don't know if you have done something similar
> before and have a plan how to proceed? There is a wide range of
> options from simply writing down translated texts to a Word file to
> creating DocBook XML files which can be automatically processed to
> create a similar looking online book.

Boris,

I have done some translation for the Microsoft compiler a couple of
years ago but they were more like corrections to an already auto-
translated text. I am fine with any method that is suitable - granted,
I have not worked with DocBook XML yet. However, not knowing something
does not prevent one from learning it right?

It is your book and thus, if you let me know what the best way is from
your perspective, I will simply follow along the line....certainly it
should be easy for the both of us. I am currently on a business
trip....I will take a closer look to the amount of content as well as
your preferred *result* format over the weekend.

Ciao, Andreas