Subject: Re: [boost] [uuid] Interface
From: Scott McMurray (me22.ca+boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-21 01:51:46

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 00:38, Vladimir Batov <batov_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> [...] And I am still under
> impression that that requirement (or expectation) cannot be real as many
> classes are not even meant to be comparable. I do not think it makes them
> unusable with the std containers or breaking anything or second-class
> classes of no interest to the Standards committee.

I was careful to say equivalent, not equal, since even when things
don't have any kind of comparison operator, C++03 still has the
requirement that a copy of an object (whether from copy-construction
or assigned) must be equivalent to the original, so the concept is
there.

Anyways, did you have any comments on my view of UUIDs as resource handles?