Subject: Re: [boost] Is program_options unmaintained?
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-23 10:54:26

Peter Simons wrote:

> Hi,
>
> a couple of weeks ago, I reported a bug in the program_options library to
> the author, Vladimir Prus, but received no response. Then I tried reporting
> the problem on the boost-users mailing list, but didn't receive a response
> either. Since then, I've seen at least one other poster on the boost-users
> list wondering about this library, but did not receive a no response either.

The right procedure to report a bug is via svn.boost.org. Using boost-users mailing
list might get you a fast response or might not, depending on luck. Reporting a
bug via personal mail is suboptimal, in many way.

> Does anyone still maintain the program_options library?

I do, but these days I can't guarantee specific response time for program_options
questions. Putting bugs in svn.boost.org makes it somewhat more likely that they
will be fixed. Patches, of course, are even better.

> More generally speaking, what is the procedure if it turns out that a Boost
> library *is* unmaintained?

There is none, to the best of my knowledge. Do you want to become a maintainer?

- Volodya