Subject: [boost] [test] Runtime parameter handling subsystem updated
From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-24 00:02:33

Hi,

I've checked in an update to the runtime parameters handling subsystem.
It's not completely up to my liking yet, but should fare better than old
one.

 From usage prospective you will see major differences in features
supported by command line argument parser (don't worry - everything is
backward compatible).

New command line arguments parser allows:

a) double identification for parameters (is not used for all parameters,
but most). For example:

"--log_level=<value>" and "-l <value>" for log level

b) name guessing for long names. For example

"--log_l=<value>" and "--log_le=<value>" will work fine

Note though that --log_=<value> will produce an error message
complaining about ambiguity, since there are two parameters -
--log_level and --log_format that may fit.

c) boolean parameters does not require the value. For example

"--catch_system_errors" will work fine

Parameter --random can be used without any value as well.

d) New parameter --help,-? is supported that produces help message with
usage information. Note that usage information is being printed also in
case there was error parsing command line.

Any comments and suggestions appreciated,

Gennadiy