Subject: Re: [boost] Proposal: Add Loki Library's SafeFormat to Boost:
From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-01 02:03:45

on Wed Dec 31 2008, "Tom Browder" <tom.browder-AT-gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 8:02 AM, Thomas Klimpel
> <Thomas.Klimpel_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> So what would be the advantages of having Loki's SafeFormat library in boost?
>
> As far as I know, nothing in boost relies on SafeFormat. The
> advantages of adding it to boost include: (1) active maintenance [Loki
> maintenance interest is fading rapidly] and (2) boost (and thus
> SafeFormat) is included and supported with many main GNU/Linux
> distributions.

If SafeFormat has a maintenance deficit as part of Loki, it would have
the same deficit as part of Boost.

Also, you might want to take a look at
http://www.boost.org/development/submissions.html to see whether you can
suggest something that fits with the Boost process. Things don't just
get added; they have to pass through a review process first.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing