Subject: Re: [boost] Proposal: Add Loki Library's SafeFormat to Boost:
From: Tom Browder (tom.browder_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-01 07:52:07

On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 1:03 AM, David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> As far as I know, nothing in boost relies on SafeFormat. The
>> advantages of adding it to boost include: (1) active maintenance [Loki
>> maintenance interest is fading rapidly] and (2) boost (and thus
> If SafeFormat has a maintenance deficit as part of Loki, it would have
> the same deficit as part of Boost.

But I believe there is a wider audience here, thus possibly more
recruits. And there is at least one other Loki supporter who supports
a move to Boost if possible.

> Also, you might want to take a look at
> http://www.boost.org/development/submissions.html to see whether you can
> suggest something that fits with the Boost process. Things don't just

I looked at it before--this is the soliciting interest stage.

Quote.

Determine interest

Potential library submitters should use the Boost developers mailing
list as a forum to gauge interest [in] a possible submission.

End quote.

-Tom