Subject: Re: [boost] [spirit] Library naming and sub-libraries
From: Thomas Klimpel (Thomas.Klimpel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-03 15:00:50

Andrey Semashev wrote:
>Thomas Klimpel wrote:
>> Andrey Semashev wrote:
>>> Why Boost.Parsing or Boost.Generating are bad?
>>
>> I guess because they raise the question where the grammar lives.
>
>Are Boost.Grammar.Parsing and Boost.Grammar.Generating better
> in this regard?

Not for me. They give me a false impression of what they mean, which is worse than no impression at all.

Try to see it from a different perspective: Spirit.Lex is a sub-library, like Phoenix was a sub-library from Spirit, that is really different from Spirit itself. But Spirit.Qi and Spirit.Karma really "are" Spirit, they are not sub-libraries in the same sense as Phoenix or Spirit.Lex. So it makes sense that they have "Spirit-like" names.

Regards,
Thomas