Subject: Re: [boost] Proposed templated integer_sort
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-14 16:55:48

AMDG

Steven Ross wrote:
> Thanks. I'd already tried bjam, but what I figured out is that a link
> error:
> /usr/bin/ld: unknown flag: --start-group
> is preventing the executable from being built, so the tests don't run.
> So instead I link the .o file that it was built by bjam, run it, and it runs
> my tests.
> This ought to just work. I presume that you are using gcc. What OS?
> I am using gcc 4.0.1 on Mac OSX10.4 (PPC). I attempted to install gcc4.3.2,
> and it failed, even though I added the libraries it stated it was dependent
> upon. Apple only provides binaries past gcc4.0 for 10.5, so I'm inclined to
> believe that 10.4 is missing necessary support in the OS for the latest gcc
> libraries.

Ok. This is an annoying problem with Boost.Build that
keeps coming up. Add toolset=darwin and it ought to work.

Also, did you get a message like this:
warning: No toolsets are configured.
warning: configuring default toolset "gcc"
?

If so, the default toolset should be darwin--which is an easy fix.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe