Subject: Re: [boost] How to structurate libraries ?
From: Andrew Sutton (andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-15 08:43:41

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 3:08 PM, Joel Falcou <joel.falcou_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I may have a few components to propose as library. They mostly deals with
> low-level, architecture-dependant problems that get homogeneized across
> compiler/platform. Things like class for padding a type to a given boundary,
> SIMD computation DSEL, traits concerning low-level properties of types
> and/or compilers and some more.
>
> What's the best way to handle this ? A series of small-scale libraries or a
> larger framework like boost::architecture or something ?

I was wondering when somebody would build something like this...

I think a first version would be a larger framework - or a collection of the
smaller libraries (Boost.Arch?). That gives a focal point for reviewing, and
the libraries can be broken out or the elements migrated later.

Andrew Sutton
andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden]