Subject: Re: [boost] How to structurate libraries ?
From: joaquin_at_[hidden]
Date: 2009-01-15 09:02:35

Andrew Sutton escribió:
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 3:08 PM, Joel Falcou <joel.falcou_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>

>> I may have a few components to propose as library. They mostly deals with
>> low-level, architecture-dependant problems that get homogeneized across
>> compiler/platform. Things like class for padding a type to a given boundary,
>> SIMD computation DSEL, traits concerning low-level properties of types
>> and/or compilers and some more.
>>
>> What's the best way to handle this ? A series of small-scale libraries or a
>> larger framework like boost::architecture or something ?
>>

> I was wondering when somebody would build something like this...
>
> I think a first version would be a larger framework - or a collection of the
> smaller libraries (Boost.Arch?).

I'd consider following the scheme adopted for Boost.TypeTraits, which in
a sense
is a collection of microlibraries (each of the different traits): this
very compact scheme
minimizes the impact in terms of documentation of adding a new feature.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo