Subject: Re: [boost] How to structurate libraries ?
From: Joel Falcou (joel.falcou_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-15 13:17:10

Frank Mori Hess a écrit :
> Isn't SIMD-type stuff what valarray was designed for?
I don't think so or you'll have to show me where in the STL files of
valarray this SIMD implementation lives.
> I don't think a SIMD optimized valarray requires its own DSEL, there
> is the macstl implementation
> that has been around for a while.
It's not SIMD valarray, vec<T> acts as SIMD POD values.
I know about macstl (is it still maintained btw ?) as I've designed the
very same kind of library during my PHD but vec<T> as a complete
different use case aka writing low level SIMD enabled numerical algorthims
without necessarily working around an array abstraction.

Joel Falcou - Assistant Professor
PARALL Team - LRI - Universite Paris Sud XI
Tel : (+33)1 69 15 66 35