Subject: Re: [boost] Futures Review - one or many callbacks
From: vicente.botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-15 13:25:07

Hi,

The one or many callbacks setting subject comeback regularly. I would like the Boost.Future future library supports callbacks but not always, i.e. I would like a design that has 0-callbacks (current standard recomendation). On top of it we must be able to implement 1-callbacks, and on top of it implement n-callbacks (or signals). This should be applied either to callbacks on wait (Anthony) as callback on setting (Braddock).

Is it possible to achieve this design? If this is not possible IMHO the standard C++0x futures is incomplete, and should be modified. If it is possible, is there any deep reason to not provide it?

Thanks,
Vicente